Treatment with ViruLite is commenced at the first symptoms of a cold sore 3 times a day with 4 hours in between treatment for 2 consecutive days. For more persistent attacks the treatment can be carried out more frequently without any adverse effect.
The ViruLite Cold Sore Treatment device is intended for personal use only. It should not be shared even amongst members of the same family.
The plastics used in the manufacture of the device have been rigorously tested and are suitable to be used in contact with the skin.
How to Use:
- Clean the rim of the device (the area that is in contact with your skin) with an antiseptic wipe or a tissue dampened with a little diluted antiseptic before use. DO NOT immerse the ViruLite in water.
- Press the power button (Figure 2) to activate the ViruLite. You will hear an audible beep and the light on the button will flash green. The device is now in the active treatment mode. PLEASE NOTE: the light emitting diodes in the treatment cavity produce therapeutic light that is invisible to the human eye.
- Using a mirror, place the rim of the treatment cavity in contact with the skin, around the cold sore (Figure 3).
- Hold the ViruLite unit in place until you hear the audible beep.
- Once you hear the audible beep remove the ViruLite unit from the treatment area. The device automatically switches off at theend of a 3-minute treatment cycle.
- Clean the rim of the device (the area that is in contact with your skin) with an antiseptic wipe or a tissue dampened with a little diluted antiseptic. DO NOT immerse the ViruLite in water.
- The exterior of the ViruLite device may be cleaned by wiping itwith a damp (not wet) cloth or an isopropyl alcohol wipe. Please refrain from using any other cleansing products as these may damage the plastic casing.
- When the ViruLite device isn’t being used, the 9 volt alkaline battery should be removed and stored separately.
The ViruLite Cold Sore Treatment device comes with a 9 volt alkaline battery and it is recommended that when replacing the battery a brand new 9 volt alkaline battery is used.
To fit the battery or replace the battery please follow the instructions below;
- Remove the battery cover by pinching on the sides of the battery cover and pulling away the lower cover (Figure 4).
- Slide the battery into the battery compartment (Figure 5), ensuring that the polarities of the battery match with those printed on the ViruLite casing.
- Snap back into place the lower cover. If the battery cover will not snap back on, DO NOT force the cover. Remove and recheck the polarities of the battery match those printed on the ViruLite casing.
- Batteries should be disposed of at a battery collection facility to minimise hazards to health and the environment and to enable materials to be recycled.
Product Logo / Branding:
All images shown are for illustration purpose only & actual product & branding may vary due to product enhancement.
When the ViruLite device isn’t being used, the 9 volt alkaline battery should be removed and stored separately.
There is a risk of explosion if batteries are fitted incorrectly.
Do not dispose of the battery in a fire and keep them out of the reach of children.